Competitor is pleased to sponsor the Aquatic Professional of the Month award and feature in collaboration with the Association of Aquatic Professionals (AOAP). The AOAP is a professional membership-based organization with a goal to bring together professionals from all aspects of aquatics to network, educate, advocate, enrich, and improve the aquatic industry across the U.S., and internationally.
The Aquatic Professional of the Month Award seeks to highlight an aquatic professional each month whose work holds noteworthy context – perhaps a manager who was clearly in the limelight, or one whose work fell through the cracks a bit more among other stories. As always, there was no shortage of potential winners for 2021, as the quality of aquatic professionals throughout the industry is stronger than ever.
Competitor is pleased to have recognized the following recipients of the Aquatic Professionals of the Month, as recognized at the AOAP Annual Conference and Expo in February 2022:
- January 2021: Mark Foote, Aquatics Superintendent, City of Chandler Parks & Recreation Aquatics, Chandler, AZ
- February 2021: Joey LaNeve, Aquatics and Safety Education Coordinator for Arizona State University’s Sun Devil Fitness Complex, Tempe, AZ
- March 2021: Craig Sears, President, Sears Pool Management, Sandy Springs, GA
- April 2021: Tom Schaefer, Technical Sales Director of Clear Comfort, Louisville, CO
- May 2021: Kate Connell, Aquatics Program Supervisor, Iowa City Parks & Recreation Department, Iowa City, IA
- June 2021: Christopher Whipple, AqP, Whipple Aquatic and Safety, MN
- July 2021: Jill Burt, City of Ames, IA
- August 2021: Christopher Biswick, AqP, Township of Upper St Clair, PA
- September 2021: Shawn DeRosa, DeRosa Aquatic Consulting
- October 2021: Christopher Drummond, AqP, Water Safety Instructor, City of Charleston, SC
- November 2021: Hannah Quaney, AqP, Recreation Coordinator II – Aquatics, Parker, CO
- December 2021: Aileen Tisser, Co-Founder Swim Angelfish
- January 2022: Cory Hilderbrand, City of Irvine, CA
- February 2022: Kirsten Barnes, Counsilman-Hunsaker
Congratulations to all of the recipients and we look forward to another year of recognizing the achievements of aquatic professionals throughout the country.